Thursday, November 26, 2009

yume no ie / dream house (2)

...And what did I dream of? What did I dream of?...
And did it matter?...



Rain mixed with snow was falling outside and in my dream too. All the sharp edges, all the boundaries you are forced to impose on life were softened - day and night, light and shadow, pain and pleasure, dream and vigil. I walked effortlessly through them while rain & snow were falling everywhere.

I woke up at dawn under a red light. My hand stretched out to the blurred silhouettes of the trees outside and I noticed it too was blurred. The trees precarious fingers, the hands small trees extending their baby branches. Sisters. All struggling for life - all slowly, painfully growing.

I reached for a branch to write a line, but the rain & the snow were no longer falling outside, nor in my dream. Nor did it matter.

Only ice was slowly melting outside. Dripping, dripping.











Marina Abramovic, Dream House
Matsunoyama, Niigata
21-22 November 2009


No comments: