Thursday, February 11, 2010

like some everlastin' onion pulled by love...




Devendra Banhart, Baby

Baby
I finally know what I'm goin' after
I'm learnin to let in all the laughter
holy moly yer so funny
you crack me up you crack me up
look out for dreams that keep returnin'
cause magik ain't no hand me down yearnin'
you gotta feel it gotta want it
the way I want you babe
travellin' by choo choo train
we know where but we just don't know when
like some everlastin' onion pulled by love
never heard a better bad joke said out loud
you flipflop wild out
can you believe it? I can't believe it but its true!
You're givin 80 billion years of gigglin'
a whole new world to live in
but this one's real this one's real this one's real
like some bow tied kangaroo
you be one I'll be one too
play it goofy or play it cool
were on our minds
everything that happened
it don't mean a thing to us
cause so much is gonna happen
because
you showed me a sunset overflowin'
but who cares where its going
as long as you're next to me



(Lyrics by Devendra Banhart, transcribed from the album What We Will Be, 2009).

No comments: