Thursday, September 24, 2009

"a desperate desire to capture the passionate things of life"...


Just read the phrase in passing, but all of a sudden it struck a deep chord, reminding me how every so often life forces seemingly small but momentous decisions upon you.

It must be the old survival instinct or som'such which resurfaces unexpectedly and tells you that to maintain your inner strength & balance, your will to live passionately, to avoid unnecessary suffering & fatal mistakes, to seek pleasure above all things, you must - sometimes against your most ingrained tendencies and desires - forsake those who hinder or block out the "passionate things of life". An inner imperative I listen and respond to more and more. Increased self-knowledge, perhaps?... (I dare not say "wisdom", though)

Not easy at first, to tackle the painful sense of loss & regret at how-good-it-might-have-been-if, if only..., but life goes on and always finds new ways of surprising you. "I can't go on - I will go on"... And I always do, against all odds & disappointments. Always.

There you are.

No comments: