Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why I am all at sea again...

Some songs are so powerful that they just say everything, everything (without saying too much), about certain states of mind, certain moods, certains moments in life - and spare us the agony of trying to find the right, impossible words.





Sweet Billy Pilgrim
- Future Perfect Tense
© Tim Elsenburg (Copyright Control)

Friend – rouse yourself
Cause the tide has carried me away
There are fraying and knotted ropes for me to blame
But we know better
Why I am all at sea again

So much for California
So long to everything

Friend – as the mercury blooms
So cold inside my chest
Tell my kin of a noble death upon the waves
Beyond all salvage
Barely worth the life and limb

So much for California
I lost my way again

Like an empty promise
A sail becomes a shroud
And the sky is falling down



No comments: